I actually already wrote this once but I stupidly didn’t save it. So that’s a great start.
It’s no surprise to people who know me well that I love movies. I’m not kidding. I love movies so much. But only the ones that I can watch over and over again and not get bored. Forget about all the other ones. Anyway these are a few of my favourite movies. I’d recommend watching them – I’ve been told that I have good taste.
Oh, and please don’t judge these by their trailers. please.
I’ve written this list in no particular order because I just couldn’t decide which one I like the most – they are all equally great.
- Withnail and I (1987) – To be honest I have no idea how to describe this movie (which I know is not very helpful) but you just have to watch it. It’s funny, sad, ironic all wrapped up in one. The story is superb and the way it’s filmed is just beautiful.
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl (2015) – I usually don’t like movies like this one, but I have to say I really like this one. The cinematography is interesting and I think it captures friendship/love in a really different way.
- Begin Again (2014) – Alright, to sum it all up: Keira Knightley, Mark Ruffalo, James Corden, THE BEST SOUNDTRACK OF 21st CENTURY FILM (not kidding). I just the music from this film so much.
- Radio Days (1987) – A Woody Allen film. So. Good. You can laugh the whole way through and then suddenly become nostalgic. Fantastic!!
- The Intern (2015) – *NOT THE INTERNSHIP* typically, when I start talking about this movie people assume it’s the one with Owen Wilson. it’s not. I love this one because I love how the friendship between the two main characters grows in the course of the film. (Robert De Niro’s in it btw)
- Good Will Hunting (1997) – I don’t want to spoil it so I’ll keep it short. I suppose this one (again) in the end is a bout doing the right thing/friendship/relationships in general.
- Persuasion (1995) – Please watch this version before the 2007 version. p l e a s e. This is one of the movies that makes me feel calm and relaxed. An adaptation of Jane Austen’s book of the same title. The story is great as usual, Miss Austen.
- Chariots of Fire (1981) – It won 4 Oscars. It’s about The Olympics and the first scene is one of the most famous scenes in movie history. Highly recommend it.
- The Martian (2015) – Matt Damon in a NASA spacesuit. Really funny and very scientific. But don’t worry I don’t know anything much about science but I still loved this one.
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962) – SO GOOD. I love this movie so much. I cry every time. AAAND young Peter O’Toole is in it (along with his unnaturally blue eyes). So great.
- Sense and Sensibility (1995) – Is it just me or is 1995 the year of the best Jane Austen adaptations? Where do I start with this one…I think the main reason why I love this movie so much is the cast. It has Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, Alan Rickman, Greg Wise…hmmm.. did I forget anyone? Oh, Robert Hardy, Hugh Laurie, Hugh Grant, Gemma Jones, Imelda Stauton – you know just THE GREATEST BRITISH ACTORS OF ALL TIME
So I’ve probably forgotten a few movies and I’ll remember them just as I hit the Publish button..Anyway, please let me know what you think and happy watching!
yours ever faithfully,